Thursday, December 1, 2011

Review: L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Kit

Day 3 of the Five Mascaras!

In this kit (which goes for about $14+) you'll get the Voluminous False Lashes Mascara and Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner (along with the sharpener for the pencil). Okay, I'll be honest here, the kit says on the packaging "Kajal Inspired Eyeliner" and that was the only thing I really wanted. I've been searching every drugstore for just the eyeliner (because I love kajal) but I've only come across the kits. So I figured, "Why not?" so I'm reviewing the full kit, rather than just the mascara.

The initial observations I had about this mascara this morning was that it was a bit flaky. I wasn't entirely amused but I wasn't annoyed either. Very light flaking, which was easily cleanable and didn't ruin the overall look.

After longingly looking at the kajal pencil, I just had to add it to the look. So I went for the cat eye. I admit, I was a bit heavy handed this morning so I ended up making it a bit larger than normal.

I loved how easy it was to apply; it glided on without any trouble and got into the areas that I rarely can get to. We're talking about making incredibly fine lines and covering the whole eye. I was able to get to the waterline without having to really hold down my lower lids. I even managed to get it into the small creases!

But there were some drawbacks -- interestingly, not to the mascara, which held up well throughout the day. I have no complaints there as you will see in a bit.

No, my sadness was with the eyeliner. After my twenty minute walk to work, I came in to see that the waterline had become a bit fuzzy. Which was fine, a quick swipe and it was all cleaned up.

Now imagine how this works after 8 hours. I found myself having to tidy it up every few hours. If you take a look at the image below, you'll see what it looks like after an 8 hour day, constant tidying up, and the last twenty minute walk home for the day.

The edges were worn down a bit but the eyelid held up well. The waterline was a mess though; pretty much any part that comes in contact with water which means the hunt for the perfect waterline liner still continues. I know the images to the left are a bit of a mess, but I was trying to focus on the bottom of the eye as the top was fine. There was a slight fade, but still just fine.

What of the mascara? I'm actually still on the fence about it. I am still wearing just the mascara to figure out if I like it or not. You can't really see much of it in the picture on the left, but it held up very well. So I tried a comparison between it and the tarte mascara.

On the left is tarte and on the right is L'Oreal. Side by side, the Voluminous False Fiber seems to lengthen my lashes. It also gave it a bit of a lift and separated them well.

tarte gave a slight curl (which it has been prone to do on my lashes) but didn't quite separate my lashes.



Product: L'Oreal Voluminous False Lashes Mascara
Price: $8.95
Would Recommend? Yes
Takeaway: It make flake a bit, but for me that was only during the initial application. Lengthens, defines, and hold up well all day long.

Product: Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner
Price: $7.99
Would Recommend? No
Takeaway: If it came in a waterproof version, perhaps it would be better since it doesn't hold up well near the waterline. Looks and feels great during the initial application but by the end of the day, it starts to resemble raccoon eyes. Great for the upper eyelid though.

Please note that the eyeliner has really hit stores just yet however if you can find the kit then you can get both items for approximately $14+. I got mine at CVS for $17 however Target has it online for $13.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...