Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Staples

Everyone's routine is just a little bit different based on how their skin works, how products interact, and well, how much they want to put into it. My general routine is actually very simple and doesn't require much work on my behalf. Mostly because I really like sleeping in so the minimal amount of work that I can put in is what I aim for.

I tend to be either at my place or my boyfriend's place which means that I've had to double up on certain products.


The Standard Routine
My Place
My Boyfriend's Place
Cleanser
Noxzema
CVS Ultra Calm Foaming Cleanser
Moisturizer
Alba Hawaiian Jasmine and Vitamin E Moisturizer
CVS Illuminating Moisturizer with SPF
Primer
Amazing Cosmetics Anti-Aging Primer
Foundation
Cover FX, Powder FX Pressed Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 10 in M80.
Foundation and Primer (Rare)
For the days that I feel like opting for a two in one: Cover FX BritePrep FX  
Finishing Powder
Cover FX, Setting FX Translucent Loose Mineral Powder in Dark
Blush
Bobbi Brown blush in Nectar

That's my entire routine on a standard day. Sometimes I'll toss in the use of  my Revlon Beyond Natural primer but that's usually on days when my eyes appear darker, in which case I'll probably be using a bit of the bareMinerals Concealer in Dark Bisque. This usually only happens if I have an issue with black eyeliner though and there was a residue which left my eyes darker than normal.

When I'm going for a cat eye (which is the usual look that I attempt to achieve, but it usually depends on how much time I have) then there are is a combination of eyeliners that I use. For my eyelid I use either tokidoki Perfetto or L'Oreal HiP Studio Professional Truth Cream eyeliner -- it depends on how steady my hands are. If my hand is pretty steady then I use Perfetto (which is liquid) however if I'm too tired or my hands are shaky then I'll grab my EcoTools Angled Eyeliner and work with the cream liner.

In order to achieve the triangle (or the scalene) I use either Perfetto or the Sephora Nano Eyeliner (again, it depends on how steady my hands are). I'll then bridge the two with either of these two. As for the waterline, that's been as tricky as creating the right triangle. I have yet to find a good eyeliner for the waterline and that is definitely something I plan to play around with in the future.

If I wear lipstick, Nuance by Salma Hayek Color Vibrance in Paprika is my first choice. If I'm feeling particularly bold (which I rarely ever feel) then I'd opt for the MUFE Rouge Artist Intense in Moulin Rogue.

Of course, as I discover new things, my standard routine could change. But so far it's been pretty solid.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...