Saturday, December 17, 2011

e.l.f. Eyes in Teal

I haven't attempted to wear this on an outing however I was quite excited to try it out. I so very much wanted to know how the teal since I'm used to doing darker colours rather than light. Teal was a huge step for me... but that doesn't mean I'll wear it outside. That being said, I still can't attest to the lasting power of e.l.f. but that may just be a project for this week.

Anyhow, this was done very quickly and thus not the neatest. However I present to you, e.l.f. in teal! 

Items used:

1. Studio Cream Eyeliner in Teal Tease
2. Essential Brightening Eye Liner in Teal
3. Essential Liquid Eyeliner in Teal

I started off with the use of the cream liner which was very light but I was still able to layer it in order to get the teal to show. The cream eyeliner was a bit on the dry side already but I was still able to pick up a fair amount of colour. A fair warning, the packaging for it is flimsy and it seems like it will dry out very quickly so as a precaution, I store it upside down and keep it in a ziplock bag.

Next up was Brightening Eye Liner (the pencil) which was a bit dry which means it was very hard to get it work. I got it on my upper lid and it blended very well with the cream eyeliner, offering a bit of definition to it. Overall, it works very well with the cream liner with the exception of being very dry.

 In the picture to the right, there are three strokes from the eyeliner. From the left, the first stroke is when I press down hard. The middle is with slight pressure but not much and the third is without pressure. Consider the attempt to get this eyeliner all around my eye -- I had to repeatedly go over lines and then finally just press into my eye. This was a huge pain.

The last step was to put the liquid liner over it. I do wish in retrospect that I took a picture of the first two without the liquid liner because it looked quite nice. But with the addition of the liquid liner, the teal colour really popped. But it was not without it's downfalls. The tip wasn't fine enough so the liner went on much thicker than I wanted and as a result of not having as much control as I wanted, it was a bit on the messy side. My suggestion is that if you can use another brush, do so, as it will give you much better control and not allow for a messy application.

To illustrate what I mean, to the left is the liners for the three colours I got. The top is black -- and it's perfect with the fine tip, no clumping, and when I created a swatch a few days ago there was control. The second is the plum and you can see that it's a bit thicker right away. Now take a look at the teal, please keep in mind that it arrived like this. I created a swatch a few days ago and this was the first time I actually used it. It looks old, the tip is quite thick and you might have noticed a bit of clumping. If you get a good brush then you're fine but if you end up with a problematic one like mine, use something else.

Overall, the look does seem bright and nice but it doesn't match my teal dress. >_< Seriously speaking though, this look was easy to pull off but requires a ton of patience to go over things and get the pencil eyeliner to cooperate. A bit more hassle because the cream and pencil were dry and required a lot of pressure which isn't easy for eye makeup.

I haven't tested out longevity so that is certainly forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...