Monday, December 26, 2011

No SOPA

A few days ago I decided to install the No SOPA Chrome extension because I figured that I should be paying more attention to who I support or not. I hadn't really seen it action so I thought that perhaps it wasn't working, especially since I was working to update some links on this blog. I was updating a L'Oréal eyeshadow link and everything was working fine till I realized I couldn't find the exact product I was looking for. So rather than going to the L'Oréal Paris USA site, I went to the L'Oréal direct site. The No SOPA warning popped up on loreal.com and I was a bit annoyed. But this has definitely effected how I shop -- this has effected how I look at products. Earlier today I was in Target and while I love perusing the aisles of makeup, I was mentally telling myself to skip both L'Oréal and Revlon given their stance on SOPA.

I'm not going to apologize for my stance and I'm not going to go on a tirade about boycotting these products, because let's face it, there's a lot of companies that are all for this SOPA/PIPA nonsense. You can't boycott them all, but you can call them up and you can make some decisions that let them know that you are not okay with their stance.
So what does this mean for the blog? It means I need to stop browsing CVS and Walgreens for cheap makeup to test and get back into the habit of taking up space at Sephora. Why? Because below are just some of the very few companies that support SOPA. So I'll use what I have but until they get their act in order, I'll kindly avoid them. I'll continue reviewing any older products I have from these places but that's about. 
The most sad part of this though is that the Disney Company also supports SOPA. That is a hard one to break away from. :(

But. No SOPA and no PIPA means a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...