Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Review: Tarina Tarantino Fleur De Lash

Day 4 of the five mascaras!

I think my eyelashes are going to be quite happy once this little experiment is over. That aside, there was something interesting about the Fleur De Lash today and that was the tinge of disappointment. This particular mascara has been in my emergency kit; it serves as a backup to my tarte mascara (in case I forgot to put the tarte mascara on, then I'd have this one handy to put on) but it always seemed really nice when paired with a cat eye look. Alone? Without any eyeliner?

Well, it kind of fell flat. 

Excuse the terrible photos, my camera tends to be particularly unrully when I'm tired. But to make it all seem a bit worse is that the mascara didn't do anything for me. So that just made taking pictures all the more harder.

Definitely no definition, lengthening -- the mascara offered very little. My lashes appeared a bit darker but there was no volume, no... well, you get the point.

A night time (on the right) shot seems almost useless but it is below. By the time the 8 hour workday was done, the mascara was pretty much gone. Not that there was much to start.

Prior to today I would have recommended this one because it looks great with the eyeliner but now I have to question that since it doesn't really hold up on it's own. Which leads me to believe that those few times I did use it, it was only accentuated by the eyeliner and eyeshadow. Seeing that that is the case, it looks like this one ought to be skipped.



Product: Tarina Tarantino Fleur De Lash
Price: $19
Would Recommend? No.
Takeaway: Sadly, it offers nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...