Monday, April 29, 2013

Review: Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Hibiscus Creamy Body Lotion

While I don't really like deviating too often from my skincare routine, sometimes you just kind of have to. Especially when you see a lotion that touts some of your favourite scents. I'm actually somewhat surprised at myself for not writing about this one sooner -- I had purchased it the same time I got the Organix Hydrating Moroccan Argan Oil Creamy Oil Body Lotion but I finished that other bottle. Then I moved and this bottle was cast into the depths of a box and recently I found it again. It's one of my favourites perhaps soley because of it's scent.

It sometimes kind of reminds me of Hawaii and other times it reminds me of what I think a good drink while
cruising around the Caribbean would be. Of course, in regard to the latter, I've never been to the Caribbean so it's my idealized version of what I think it would be. (Hey, I know it sounds weird but my parents just got back from their Caribbean cruise). Rambling aside, let's talk about the lotion.

The scent is light and refreshing as it's a good blend of both coconut and hibiscus and not too much of either. In terms of moisturizing, it's pretty good but not quite all there. I thought that with the element of coconut, I'd be in for a treat and could finally deviate from my trusty bottle of cocoa butter lotion. Nope. Generally by nighttime I find myself having to apply extra shea butter to my legs (they tend to be my trouble area).

I do wish that I could find a heavy shea butter or cocoa butter lotion that has this scent since I love it. But for now, I'm going to have to stick with my trust cocoa butter lotion since this doesn't quite help my overly dry skin.



Product: Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Hibiscus Creamy Body Lotion
Price: $7.09
Stars: ★★★☆☆
Takeaway: While the scent is wonderfully amazing, the lotion is not that moisturizing so my skin still needs help along the way. If you have really dry skin (so much so that you slather heavier moisturizer on it), then you might want to pass on this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...