Thursday, April 18, 2013

Review: Jess Bee's Natural Lip Balm & Shea Butter Lotion

Items were received by Kara's Way complimentary.

Maria of Kara's Way fame was kind enough to give me a few samples from Jess Bee's and the first thing that
registered when I got them was "shea butter." I love all things shea butter (or cocoa butter, for that matter) especially since I deal with dryness all the time. My boyfriend ended up taking the peppermint lip balm which he is happily keeping right by his keyboard whereas I keep my unscented lip balm in the nightstand.

Needless to say that these items were a hit with us. But let's do some quick comparisons since that's what this blog is about. On the surface the lip balms are great since they function as they should. However when compared to my tube of Wholly Hemp they don't quite stack up. I will admit that I like them better than say Burt's Bees for the moisturizing factor but they are as moisturizing as they could be. They do however still function well and overall I do like them, I just can't say that I'm in love with them. Still for an all natural lip balm (it is made of sweet almond oil, beeswax, soybean oil, organic shea butter and Vitamin E), it works well and feels great.

The shea butter lotion is a big hit with me as it's is a whipped moisturizer which means that it doesn't harden as shea butter would and that makes it easier to apply. The light tangerine scent makes it all the more amazing for me (since I love citrus scents) and it's actually kind of fun to apply. I have been using at night on my legs as I've been experiencing a bit more dryness there lately and it's been working out extremely well.



Product: Jess Bee's Natural The Best Natural Lip Balm in Peppermint & Natural (Unscented)
Price: $3
Stars: ★★★★☆
Takeaway: Great product though not the most moisturizing that I've had. Nonetheless it works great and comes in great scents. 

Product: Jess Bee's Natural Shea Butter Lotion in Tangerine (Sample Size)
Price: $2
Stars: ★★★★★
Takeaway: For anyone who is familiar with shea butter, this whipped lotion is amazing since it has all the benefits and none of the... solidity that shea butter. It also comes in wonderful scents that makes it fun to apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...