Recently I got the urge to revisit red lipstick; but as always it a long and slightly arduous task considering that you really need to try on a bunch and match for your correct undertones. Thus I decided that it wasn't just time to find a new tube of red lipstick but to revisit The Red Ladies in general. By that I mean, actually wear them.
Over the next few posts I'll be trying on new ones and possibly revisiting old ones. In the lineup are the following reds:
- e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Color in Rich Red
- Nuance Salma Hayek Color Vibrance Lipstick in Paprika
- Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 01
- Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Matte Collection Lipstick in 107
- Maybelline Color Sensational in Very Cherry
I'll likely be covering their longevity and wear within the next few posts as I slowly go through them. Other colours that I may cover appear below. Some of these have been with me for a while so pardon their appearance.
- COVERGIRL LipPerfection Lipcolor in Embrace
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Intense in Moulin Rouge
- Bobbi Brown Metallic Lip Color in Ruby
- Estée Lauder Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in Crystal Orchid
As this might take me a bit of time to slowly go through them (who knows, I might get a bit fed up and combine them all into one mega post, I'll leave you with some preliminary swatches of them.
|From left to right: e.l.f., Nuance, Rimmel Kate, |
Rimmel Kate Matte, and Maybelline.
|Covergirl, MUFE, Bobbi Brown, Estée Lauder.|
Now I know that it might seem a bit confusing that with the first batch being red, the second jumps to purple and pinks. The reason for this is that I've been on the hunt for a purple lipstick as well, but not one that is too bright since my undertones don't take to well too colours at time. While perusing the makeup aisles at Target, I came across Covergirl's Embrace and I had to grab it. Given the devation, I figured that it would be worth it to try out all of my lipsticks if time allows.
|Rimmel Kate Matte and Covergirl.|