Thursday, May 9, 2013

Revisiting the Red Ladies

Recently I got the urge to revisit red lipstick; but as always it a long and slightly arduous task considering that you really need to try on a bunch and match for your correct undertones. Thus I decided that it wasn't just time to find a new tube of red lipstick but to revisit The Red Ladies in general. By that I mean, actually wear them.

Over the next few posts I'll be trying on new ones and possibly revisiting old ones. In the lineup are the following reds:

  1. e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Color in Rich Red
  2. Nuance Salma Hayek Color Vibrance Lipstick in Paprika
  3. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 01
  4. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Matte Collection Lipstick in 107
  5. Maybelline Color Sensational in Very Cherry

I'll likely be covering their longevity and wear within the next few posts as I slowly go through them. Other colours that I may cover appear below. Some of these have been with me for a while so pardon their appearance. 

  1. COVERGIRL LipPerfection Lipcolor in Embrace
  2. MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Intense in Moulin Rouge
  3. Bobbi Brown Metallic Lip Color in Ruby
  4. Estée Lauder Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in Crystal Orchid

As this might take me a bit of time to slowly go through them (who knows, I might get a bit fed up and combine them all into one mega post, I'll leave you with some preliminary swatches of them.

From left to right: e.l.f., Nuance, Rimmel Kate,
Rimmel Kate Matte, and Maybelline.

Covergirl, MUFE, Bobbi Brown, Estée Lauder.
Now I know that it might seem a bit confusing that with the first batch being red, the second jumps to purple and pinks. The reason for this is that I've been on the hunt for a purple lipstick as well, but not one that is too bright since my undertones don't take to well too colours at time. While perusing the makeup aisles at Target, I came across Covergirl's Embrace and I had to grab it. Given the devation, I figured that it would be worth it to try out all of my lipsticks if time allows.

Rimmel Kate Matte and Covergirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...