Monday, May 20, 2013

Red Lady: Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Matte Collection Lipstick in 107

Rimmel is not usually a company I check out too often however when I saw the bright tubes at the end of the aisle, I figured it was worth checking. Something about colour chart for this tube drew me to it but this explains the issue of sometimes seeing a colour in local drugstores and not researching it. On the chart in store, the colour was deep hue of red and when I got home to swatch it, I found it to be berry. I'm not going to blame anyhow about how a colour can be perceived in store because there are a lot of factors (most of which involve lighting). Unfortunately, considering that this was part of my red lipstick series, I'll include it anyway. I will warn that it is very obviously a berry (wine) which is something I missed.

Of the two Rimmel lipsticks that I chose to buy, this was the first one that I was incredibly excited about. Something about it screamed "Buy Me!" so I had to.



The first swatch of Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte.

Day One with e.l.f. lip liner in Bitter.

Day One with e.l.f. lip liner in Bitter.

Day Two with e.l.f. lip liner in Bitter.

Since the first day of wear was at a party, the colour vanishes quickly with the snacking and the copious amounts of wine. So I tried it again for a second day (pardon the uneven application; I did fix it before I left the house but not before I took the pictures). The colour is definitely beautiful but not the kind of red I was looking for. I loved the formula which glided on with ease and to me, it kind of smells like berries which is awesome. My boyfriend slightly disagrees and says that it smells like berry cereal.

Anyhow, I think it's a good one but perhaps not one for me since it doesn't fit my criteria. It looks as though all of the colours in this collection lean toward pinks and plums but at least there's the original collection to go to if you're looking for reds.



Product: Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Matte Collection Lipstick in 107 
Red Lipstick Confidence Level: ★★★☆☆
Price: $6.49 (Walgreens)
Stars: ★★★☆☆
Would Recommend? Not as a red lipstick, but certainly as a berry.
Takeaway: Great colour (and scent), glides all well, lasts a long time, and remains moisturizing. The problem is that it's not a red, which is what I'm looking for. Were it not for that, this would be highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...