Thursday, May 23, 2013

Red Lady: Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 01

When I was hunting for red lipsticks and I somehow made it over to the Rimmel section in Walgreens, I remember immediately falling in love with the other tube which was matte. I saw this one and I remember a surge of indecision because by that point, I had like 5 tubes of red lipstick and this was a gamble. 

Little did I know how much I'd fall in love with this tube. If you look back at my previous "red ladies" series, there's a little snippet at the bottom called "Red Lipstick Confidence Level" which is composed of 5 stars. This one earned it's 5 stars because the colour and the formulation were spot on for me.

The colour was the exact red that I was looking for and the formula itself was moisturizing (though you should note that I wore these for a little over 8 hours so that moisturizing element will last only so long before a bit of balm needs to be applied). The lipstick didn't quite last all day but it only took one touch-up to get it back on track. In addition to that, it wasn't messy and stayed put all day long.


Swatch (with no lip liner).

Day One of Wear.

Don't worry about the uneven application, as I always fix it before I leave the house (but not before I take the photos). I love this one as it is vibrant but still very red and stays put. I was incredibly happy with this one and thus far there isn't much comparison (in terms of the new lipsticks) since this one formula and colour wise blows the rest out the water.



Product: Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 01
Confidence Level: ★★★★★
Price: $6.49 (Walgreens)
Stars: ★★★★★
Would Recommend? Yes!
Takeaway: The colour was a perfect match and the formula was fantastic. While it wasn't as long lasting as some others I've tried, it only needed one touch-up throughout the day and didn't leave my lips parched. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...