Thursday, May 16, 2013

Red Lady: Maybelline Color Sensational in Very Cherry

The second in the series is this tube which intrigued me when I saw it at my local Walgreens. I went back and forth for a bit because just looking at the colour seemed very unlike me. But I figured it was still worth trying because it was different than what I'm used to. 

When I swatched the new lipsticks (the red ones), one of my first thoughts was that it seemed very similar to the e.l.f. Rich Red. Upon putting it on, I found that it glided well and was a bit creamier than the Rich Red and that made the application a bit more even.

It is definitely a deeper hue of red (in comparison to the e.l.f.) and it popped quite a bit but still worked with my undertones. I admit that on the first night I was a bit skeptical and wrote it off, but on the day that I had to wear it, it grew on me



Swatch from the first night.

Same swatch from that night.

Day of Wear with e.l.f. lip liner in Bitter.

While the application of it is quite creamy and lends itself to an even application I still felt that it was a bit off on me. It's a beautiful colour but still not quite the red I was looking for. In terms of wear, it did dry out periodically throughout the day which meant that I needed to go over it with some clear lip balm and reapply.

So what can you takeaway from this? Well, it's vibrant and seems different; not quite a deep hue of red but still a great colour that pops. It was complementary to me and my features but I still felt a bit weird since it seemed to lean toward orange a tad bit (unlike the Rich Red which leaned toward pink). 



Red Lipstick Confidence Level: ★★★☆☆ 
Price: $7.49
Stars: ★★★☆☆ 
Would Recommend? Maybe (notations below).
Takeaway: Easy application and glides all well which means it looks superb but how it holds over the day is different. The colour remains but it seems to dry out which leads to reapplications over lip balm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...