Monday, May 27, 2013

Red Lady: Lancôme Color Design Lipstick in Red Stiletto

This one was not part of my lineup however when my friend heard about my lipstick challenge, she gave it to me to try it out so in that way I could have more comparisons. This colour is described as being a "cream blue-red" as per the website. If I were to offhandedly give a comparison to it (without looking at my swatches), I'd say it's akin to the e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Color in Rich Red and Maybelline Color Sensational in Very Cherry (wait till you see the swatches below to see how wrong I am). The reason why I say this is mainly due to it's vibrancy -- it kind of just pops on me which I liked. 

The formula itself was very creamy and glides on well. The application remains consistency moisturized throughout the day, so I didn't find myself needing to reapply -- except for when the lipstick got a bit messy. The thing about it being hydrated almost all day was that I found myself checking the mirror periodically to make sure it was still intact.

It's certainly not a bad lipstick -- it's quite flattering but it's one of those high maintenance types that is great for a short period of time, but not so great when you're talking about wearing it for a full day. Basically had I tried this one before the tube of Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 01, I'd likely be all over in terms of it's colour. But the performance of it throughout the day gave me reservations about wanting to purchase this for myself.



Swatch with no lip liner.

Swatch with no lip liner.

Day of Wear with elf lip liner in Bitter.

Day of Wear with elf lip liner in Bitter.
As this one was not originally part of my lineup, a comparison of them with the true reds appear below. 

From left to right: Nuance Paprika, Maybelline
Very Cherry, Rimmel in 01, and Lancome Red Stiletto.


Comparison of Very Cherry and Red Stiletto.



Product: Lancôme Color Design Lipstick in Red Stiletto
Confidence Level: ★★★★☆
Price: $22
Stars: ★★★☆☆
Would Recommend? No.
Takeaway: Great colour but I disliked the formula -- while it's very moisturizing, it kind of lends itself to be a bit messy at times which is something unanticipated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...