Saturday, March 2, 2013

Sephora + Jasmine, Haul

When the Disney Jasmine Collection was released and the email went out for Beauty Insiders, I jumped on the Jasmine collection. She's one of my favourite princesses (nods to Ariel, Belle, and Rapunzel) so I didn't even give it a second thought. (Especially since I lost out on getting that Disney Designer Princess doll back in 2011). My shipment arrived on Wednesday, but due to my violin lessons and a trip to the California Academy of Science (Nightlife), I wasn't able to properly compile everything till tonight.

This post is just about the haul and hopefully I'll have swatches soon. Enjoy!

The Palace Jewel Compact - $20

Closeup; there is a slight imperfection along the top
right by my ring finger.

"Shut your eyes and take a chance."
I have the Cinderella one, which I loved so I had high expectations for this one since Jasmine is my favourite. Overall, the casing (specifically the filigree design) feels a bit flimsy on the outside but it's got a good weight to it. 

The filigree design is intricate and behind it you can just make out the palace behind it. On the inside along the bottom says "shut your eyes and take a chance," which I think is adorable. 

As I mentioned in the caption, there is a slight imperfection along the side where it feels as though there's a bit too much plastic. Overall though, that does not hinder the product or decrease the love that I have for the compact mirror.



Once is Never Enough Nail Set - $24.50
I can never get enough of a nail polish collection especially one that has a few favourite colors in there. While the only colour in this collection (in terms of the pieces that I own from the collection) that is true to Jasmine is the turquoise, I do love the hues of purple. There's only one that would be a bit hard for me to work with so overall this set is a welcomed addition to my growing nail polish addiction. The colours in this set are listed below.

  •  Berry Tale Romance (dark berry)
  • Your Wish Is My Command (lilac)
  • Fit For Royalty (pearlized purple)
  • Dream Princess (clear with light sparkles)
  • All That Jasmine (light turquoise)
  • Aladdin's Girl (pearlized, glittery dark orange)  


Three Wishes Eyeliner Set - $42

Finally, when I saw the promotional images for this collection, I knew that I had to get my hands on this eyeliner set. If you've followed the blog for long or even if you look at the cloud of tags you'll notice that eyeliners and mascara are my mainstays. While I may not have much luck with any other makeup, those are my staples. Plus in this set, which has a liquid eyeliner, gel eyeliner, and a pencil eyeliner (which seems very kohl like), there's also that adorable little brush for the gel. I'm a little hesitant to crack these open just yet because I have so many gel eyeliners, cream eyeliners, liquid eyeliners, and pencil eyeliners open at the moment but soon... Soon, I shall crack them open for swatches.



Image of Jasmine belongs to Disney.
Here's my feeling about this collection: While I do love it, I'm a little sad about the "artistic interpretation  of Jasmine, rather than sticking to her classic blue. My assumption is that on heels of the Cinderella collection, they didn't want to put out another blue inspired set but that makes me worry about some of the princesses down the line such as:

Image of Jasmine belongs to Disney.
  • Green: Ariel, Merida, and Tiana
  • Pink: Aurora, Mulan, and Rapunzel

It remains to be seen which other princesses will be selected for the Sephora honours but either way, I can't wait. The ones I'm still hoping for are Ariel and Belle. Strangely, I'd love to see Rapunzel since she's been growing on me quite a bit. Either that or I really just want to see a Pascal compact mirror. 

Anyhow going back to the deviation, you have to admit, there is a difference between the blue suit and the red suit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...