Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Variety From Lucky 13 Lacquers

As I mentioned earlier, I recently got my haul from Lucky 13 Lacquers so I present some of the manicures that I've had over the last few weeks. Due to my violin lessons, I can't really grow my nails out anymore which makes me a bit sad since there isn't a lot of surface area to work with. However, violin lessons are going well and nail polishes are fun to work with. With that being said, here are some of the manicures!

All Lucky 13 Lacquer manicure: Two coats of  "Wibbly
Wobbly Timey Wimey", one coat of "Faerie Wings," and
two coats of "Hey, Who Turned Out the Lights?."
"Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey" is one of my favourites (even though I couldn't quite get a shot of the moons and stars in this lacquer). I love the deep blue hues and it works great on it's own. To temper down the shine I decided to toss on a coat of "Faerie Wings" which is a flakie nail polish (you can't really see it as it was hard to capture but it is gorgeous and happens to be the bottle I am holding in the picture above). I decided to throw on two coats of "Hey, Who Turned Out the Lights?" but was sadly unable to get a picture of it glowing. It was awesome.

Two coats of Sinful Colors "Let Me Go" and one coat of
Lucky 13 Lacquers "Ragdoll."
I decided to go with a very light gray base for this manicure as it was a homage to Sally. Truth be told I should have gone with a slightly darker gray but lesson learned. Overall, I think it is a great representation of Sally since it executes her dress well.

Two coats of Sinful Colors "Let's Talk" and  two coats of
Lucky 13 Lacquers "Zelda."
This is one of my favourites because every time I looked at it, I feel like I found new colours in Zelda. The purple square glitter matched the Sinful Colors perfectly so it kind of faded away except for moments in the sun where I'd get this bright purple. The gold glitter was predominant but I had completely forgotten about the rainbow flecks which meant that when I was in the sun I could see so many different hints (red, especially) which made it so much fun.

Two coats of Zoya "Ibiza" and two coats of Lucky 13
Lacquers "Oh Yes!" 
Oh Yes! is inspired by the Tenth Doctor's pinstripe suit; it's a brown jelly base with blue glitters (bars and squares). Zoya's Ibiza is a bit on the darker side so it was harder to capture the awesomeness that is this nail polish especially since the layering made it come off as dark brown. I tried to take two shots of it so there's a slight close up below.

Closeup of "Ibiza" and "Oh Yes!" 

Two coats of Urban Outfitters "Mystic" and
one coat of Lucky 13 Lacquers "Link."
I recently got the UO Mystic in a swap so pardon the thinness of it. It was a bit hard to work with -- while the flakies are great, they sometimes hinder this jelly. I do wish I threw on a third layer of it but I had a headache. Link looks fantastic pairs with this one; it's a clear base with emerald green, brown, gold, and blue glitters. Together they are great, even if the picture is not flattering (again, I blame the headache). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...