Thursday, February 21, 2013

Review: Pacifica Brazilian Mango Grapefruit Body Wash & Body Butter Tube

This was a Christmas gift from my boyfriend's family which I was really excited about. While I'm not too big on body washes, I do enjoy their multi-purpose use (they can double as shampoos) but what really set this one apart was the fact that it was some of my favourite scents: citrus (specifically, grapefruit) and mango. So... I love mangoes and I'm not just saying that because I'm West Indian and that was a staple part of my diet growing up. Well, actually, that's exactly what I'm saying. Mangoes were on the dinner table every week when they were in season (and sometimes, when they weren't in season because several of my relatives in Florida had mango trees). Memory lane trip is complete, let's bring back in.

The wash itself is amazing because I adore that strong grapefruit scent in the shower when it's early in the morning. Not to mention that it lacks sulfates so it ends up being incredibly moisturizing on my dry skin. I'm not exactly sure what black magic gets the lather up (::cough:: coconut derivatives ::cough::) but this 100% vegan product has become a quick favourite. As I might have mentioned before, I have an extreme love for bar soaps so I didn't know what to expect when trying this, but my skin has been quite happy with the oils in this.

The body butter is where you really get the mango scent (and a lot less of the grapefruit scent). This body butter is extremely moisturizing which is awesome for me. The moisturizing element of shea butter really comes out and does well with the mango butter and all the other oils (like almond and saffron oil). The two work together as a great combination that I'm madly in love with and gives me a great start to my morning. (Okay, I really love citrus but this goes back to when Lush's Happy Hippy used to jump start my day [till I got my hands up a cup of coffee]).  Oh yeah, this body butter also happens to be free of parabens which is another added bonus. 
Price: $10
Stars: ★★★★★
Takeaway: Love it. It's not strong on the mango scent but the grapefruit really comes through and it's amazing. With a lack of sulfates, it's not as drying which is great for those with drier skin.

Product: Pacifica Brazilian Mango Grapefruit Body Butter Tube
Price: $15
Stars: ★★★★★
Takeaway: This is a great follow up to the wash and it has much more of that strong mango scent coming through. It's quite moisturizing and another win for those with dry skin. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review! I'm so sad to see that Pacifica has discontinued this variety of body butter. I really agree with you, the stuff was amazing. I loved the scent, but it did amazing things for my skin. Sadly, their delicious bar soaps are also gone, unless you want to spend 60.00 per bar on eBay!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...