Monday, February 18, 2013

Latest Lucky 13 Lacquer Haul

Lucky 13 Lacquer has quickly become one of my favourite nail polish brands (let the whopping 15 bottles that I own speak for itself).I actually wasn't a huge glitter fan, however I am a fan of themed nail polish. So when the Last of the Time Lords series came out, I just had to. I sadly don't have any swatches yet, but you can be on the lookout for these nail polishes making random appearances in future makeup reviews.



This is a bit of the following series: Last of the Time Lords, Hylian Hero, and Aperture Labs. From left to right is the following:
  • Oh Yes!: Inspired by the 10th Doctor's pinstripe suit and he just happens to be my favourite. This is a brown jelly with blue glitter.
  • Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey: This is when Ten attempts to explain time travel. It's my absolute favourite and I have yet to get a good picture of it (I've used it twice now). It's a blue jelly with blue glitters, moons, and stars.
  • A 51st Century Guy: Inspired by Captain Jack Harkness, this one is clear with black, white, and red heart shaped glitters.
  • Zelda: Described as a "square purple with small purple and gold and tiny rainbow flecks."
  • Companion Cube: Inspired by the infamous companion cube (IJ: NOT THE GAME CUBE) this one is a gray jelly with pink, silver, and pink heart shaped glitters."
  • Hey, Who Turned Out the Lights?: IT GLOWS IN THE DARK. Oh, its a top coat.



During my second go, I decided to try something from the Nightmare series, another from Hylian Hero, and a One-Off so again, from left to right:
  • Ragdoll: A mix of turquoise, yellow, lavender, gunmetal, and brown glitters.
  • Link: Green, brown, gold, and blue glitter.
  • Faerie Wings: "Purple flakies with hints of blue, green, and yellow iridescence." (As per the website).

I'm a huge fan of Lucky 13 Lacquers and at $8 per bottle you can't go wrong; the owner has been continually attentive and responsive to her customers so I've always received phenomenal service. Even if glitters aren't your thing, please give this shop a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...