Friday, February 22, 2013

Pawalla February 2013 Box

Sometime in between getting the first Pawalla box, I ended up screwing up an order of food for the kittens from Petco. Hilarity did not ensue when four giant bags of food showed up at our door, so we ended up cancelling the next Pawalla box in order to figure out the food situation. As it turns out though,the kittens got through most of their first box (and a giant bag of food) so we figured that a second Pawalla box would be worth it since... well, between 3 cats, we'd likely get through everything.

Anyhow, this post is just to show you what we got in the box. As it happens, just before I got home, I stopped off at the pet store and picked up some wet food based on the Canned Cat Food Spreadsheet (basically it shows you what some of the canned foods look like). I ended up grabbed three cans of Merrick cat food (Ocean Breeze, California Roll, and New England Boil) and one can of Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance L.I.D. Duck & Green Pea Canned Formula. This came about when we realized how quickly they were getting through their cans of Wellness Kitten food. I'll probably have a follow-up later to tell you how the kittens received this particular box since they haven't tried the food yet. (And if you're wondering, the first box [January 2013] was a hit).

I'll apologize in advance for the photograph quality; my camera is on it's last leg so I've ordered a new one, but I really wanted to share the contents today. Inside this month's box was the following items:

  • 4 Cans of "By nature 95% Protein Food For Cats
    • 95% Chicken and Chicken Liver
    • 95% Oceanfish
    • 95% Turkey and Turkey Liver
    • 95% Salmon, Mackerel, and Sardines
  • Grizzly Salmon NuTreats for Cats
  • Primal Jerky Chicken Nibs
  • The Honest Kitchen Grace
  • Grizzly Salmon Oil for Cats
  • Spot Cute Critters Catnip Toys

While opening of the box; Shiva couldn't stay away from the catnip toys and when I finally "set them free" and allowed the cats to play with them, the older cat came running over and ran off with one. The toys were clearly a hit with them.

The food is interesting; I don't know how the kittens will like it but earlier today when I was at the pet store earlier and I was trying to find the specific brands that I picked according to the spreadsheet, I saw this brand that they were unpacking. I didn't want to grab too many new brands for the kittens so I made a mental note to try it the next one. I was quite happy to see it in their box when I got home.

Honest Kitchen already exists in this house (though my roommate uses Prowl) and the kittens love to steal a bit of the Prowl. I was definitely glad to see this in the box so that they could have their own version of it.

Primal Jerky... well, up until a few hours ago, I hadn't ever heard of this before. When I saw it in the box, I figured that they would like it since they seem to like these variety of things. My roommate came over shortly thereafter and gave a bag of Primal Treats Freeze Dried Turkey Liver Munchies Treats for Cats and Dogs (which she got in the PetFlow's Spoiled Rotten Box for this month). They loved the liver version so I imagine that the Jerky Chicken Nibs will be well received by them.

The last two items were both from Grizzly that I am unfamiliar with. The concept I am no stranger to, but just the brand (which really isn't a problem for me. The NuTreats and the Salmon Oil are things that we're going to have to wait to see if they take to or not.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...