Monday, February 4, 2013

Review: CoverGirl LashBlast Clump Crusher

Something that I noted right away is that it was a bit hard to pull the wand out of the tube. This isn't a deal breaker or anything, but I did find it kind of odd that I had that issue. That issue has presently gone away so if you encounter it, it gets bvetter. The wand itself is a bit curved, black, and plastic -- I only mention the colour because I saw a lot of pictures with a neon green wand but this wasn't like that. Overall the transition from the PF mascara to this one was seamless. Especially because the performance of the mascara was so good.


On several makeup forums that I frequent, Clump Crusher was (and possibly still is) all the rave. I got wind of it a few weeks ago and picked it up but because it wasn't time to get rid of my other mascara, I kind of just held onto it.Then on the night of my boyfriend and I's anniversary, I finally got the chance to use it (along with Tarte's Amazonian clay waterproof liner which I also used for the first time). So just so that you understand context, the previous mascara I was using was Physicians Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Lash Mascara (review) and while there was nothing wrong with it -- the six month mark was up so it was time to get a fresh tube.


I was able to apply 2-3 coats of mascara without any clumps. I didn't even need to fish out my spoolie brush to separate my lashes or do a bit of touch-up. It wore well into the night, so much so that when we got back from our dinner, I was hesitant to take it off. 

While I couldn't get a lot of my makeup to work correctly that night (like my Everyday Minerals eyeshadow falling down my face and creating a problem or the other cornsilk eyeshadow coming off too strong, which gave my eyes the appearance of being oily -- my mascara was lovely.



Price: ~$6-$10
Would Recommend? Yes!
Takeaway: This is another mascara I can happily add to the "LOVE" pile and might quickly become a staple as it is on par with my two other favourites. Applies well, doesn't clump, and lasts for a long time -- I can't say I've found anything that I don't like about this mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...