Thursday, February 7, 2013

Review: Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant in Vanilla Passion Fruit

This is definitely quite the splurge; I got it a while ago and it's been knocking around in storage because I needed to get through some other deodorants first. Anyhow, I didn't really know much about this one when I ordered it expect that it was pricey and supposedly worked very well.

When I first opened the Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant in Vanilla Passion Fruit, I immediately fell in love with the scent which is proported to the "Tropical Scent of Temptation." The scent is basically "essential oils of passion fruit mingle with guava and vanilla." I can happily report that that is exactly what it smells like which is why I loved it immediately. I admit that I knew that there was a chance it wouldn't work (like how the rock crystal deodorant doesn't work and seemed like a great idea upfront) so I gave it two weeks.

It's officially two weeks later and it's my favourite deodorant to date. (Sorry to the rest of the other deodorants, they are great but I really do love this one). It's long lasting and I find that I don't need to reapply it throughout the day. One application in the morning and I'm good to go. The scent is as great as it is in the morning to the evening, when I get home from work. The one thing that took a bit to get used to is that it is a regular deodorant with the normal white residue. I haven't encountered much issues with it getting onto my clothes but if you're switching from a liquid or gel deodorant, then you might want to keep this in mind for the first few days (and check for those stains!).

The drawback is the price though. Compared to other natural deodorants, the price is exorbitant -- most deodorants I expect to pay roughly between $6-$8 but this one is $18. I did purchase this at Sephora (which strangely doesn't seem to be carrying this scent anymore) so I'm pretty sure I bought it along with some other nifty makeup which made it pale in comparison price-wise. Nonetheless if you're willing to give it a shot, it is most certainly worth it.

Now if you decide to get it at Sephora, you can get the popular scents there however if you specifically want the Vanilla Passion Fruit or Vanilla Coconut tubes, then you'll have to get it directly from Lavanila.



Product: Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant in Vanilla Passion Fruit
Price: $18
Would Recommend? Yes!
Takeaway: I love this deodorant simply because it works so well. It is free of parabens, sulfates, synthetic dyes, petro-chemicals, and phthalates. All natural, smells great... the only drawback is the price but it's worth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...