Thursday, October 4, 2012

Review: Miss Jessie's Crème de la Curl Shampoo and Conditioner

Even though I got my samples for the shampoo, conditioner, and styling lotion first, my friend gave me the Miss Jessie's Quick Curls, which I've been using with much satisfaction (and just overall happiness) so far. (You can read the review for the Quick Curls here). So that made me very excited about using the Crème de la Curl samples. (Just so you know, you can order free samples from Miss Jessie's website.)

I finally got the chance to break them out and use them. I know you can barely see the shampoo packet in this picture but I pretty much used that up right away so it's on the right and it's deflated. The shampoo and conditioners are 1 Oz. each.

The shampoo out of the packet was an interesting texture. I remember thinking that it was a lot like meringue. Very light and fluffy but still... stiff? I wasn't sure how to describe it when I was holding it and I'm still not sure now. The shampoo does not lather so it was a bit interesting to use the first time. I ended up wasting a bit of product (accident, I swear) because it was slightly challenging to get out of the packet. I liked the feel and the scent to it though as it was very light and fresh.

The conditioner was like any other conditioner in terms of texture and worked the exact same. But it did have more of a chemical scent to it. It seemed really creamy and heavy which worried me a bit. If you recall, I have waves which lean toward wurls at times. If I add something that it too heavy, it will weigh down my wurls and make my appear lifeless.

Well, my suspicions were right. My hair was a bit on the lifeless side. My hair on a normal basis is actually a bit more wavier than it appears in both pictures. These pictures are of day two by the way -- my hair gets wavier on day two and trust me, day one wasn't good.

This made me a bit sad since it didn't work out but since I have such success with the curling lotion, I'm looking forward to the last sample that I have since I'll need to pass on this one.



Product: Miss Jessie's Crème de la Curl Shampoo and Conditioner
Price: $16 per bottle.
Would Recommend? No.
Takeaway: It drowned my waves. :( This is probably not the best product if you have wavy hair but it might work out better for curly hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...