Monday, October 22, 2012

Review: Disney Baby Daily Renewal Naturals Baby Shampoo Powder Fresh

For some reason, I thought I had blogged about this one before. Wait, stop -- give me a chance here. I know it's a bit of stretch, but if you're at all interested in haircare that is free of parabens, sulfates, silicones, and dyes, then this is your best bet.

As I mentioned before, I love Garnier Pure Clean but it flies off the shelves of all of my nearby drugstores. Not one or two, but all 4 within the immediate vicinity so sometimes I have to stockpile these when they are finally in stock. (Okay, not true, but I do have to buy a set for my place and my boyfriend's place). The last time I ran out of bottles of the shampoo and conditioner in both locations, I had to go find it at my local drugstore and while there was two bottles of conditioner left, there was only one shampoo bottle left. So I searched the store to find a bottle of shampoo that fit the bill. 

If you've tried this at your local drugstore then you know that it's kind of hard (to say the least) because haircare that fits this criteria (of being free of parabens, silicones, sulfates, and dyes) is a challenge. You can find something that matches some of the criteria, but not all. So I searched high and low (literally, the shelves are rather high), I couldn't find anything that fit so I gave up and headed to the toy section. Which is conveniently located by the baby section.

Upon quick glance I noticed quite a few bottles that touted being free of many of the items I've listed. But it became very apparent that some of these baby shampoos were actually a great replacement for my beloved Garnier Pure Clean.

Now, of course, I was drawn to this particular bottle because there's a Pooh and Tigger on the front and it immediately reminds me of my best friend. After doing a quick check, you'll note that this bottle is free of sulfates and parabens. You can find the full ingredient listing at the Disney Renewal Baby website.

So how does it stack up? Well, let's get a big ticket item out of the way. This bottle doesn't quite smell like powder -- in fact, it kind of smells like oats. It was remarkably like the Fresh Soy Face Cream.

It works very well although admittedly it doesn't lather (which is fine by me, but I just wanted you to be aware of that factor). It works well and I use it interchangeably with my Pure Clean (that is, if the Pure Clean is finished and I can't find it in store). Overall, you'll love it if you're looking for a good (cheap) sulfate-free and paraben-free shampoo. It's also silicone free and seems to be dye free as well. This has been another happy (Disney!) addition to my haircare lineup.



Product: Disney Baby Daily Renewal Naturals Baby Shampoo Powder Fresh
Price: ~$5
Would Recommend? Yes.
Takeaway: Great shampoo if you're looking for something that is free of sulfates, parabens, silicones, and possibly even dyes. It's also easy to find in local drugstores which makes it all the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...