Friday, January 20, 2012

Review: Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Haircare

Important Note: As of February (2012) I noticed that new bottles for the conditioner don't explicitly say that they are sulfate and paraben free. I checked the website and it says that they are still sulfate and paraben free but you may want to conduct some research into that.

Something I enjoy doing is switching up my haircare products; whatever I'm using at home will sure enough not be what I'm using at my boyfriend's place. When I decided that I needed to switch back to something that was sulfate free, I decided to go with Organix's Moroccan Argan Oil line. I grabbed the shampoo and conditioner a few months ago and I'm happy to say that it's become a staple. There are a few things that I do need to mention about that though.

I adore argan oil and enjoy it's benefits. It adds shine to my hair and since I use it primarily on my ends, it keeps the ends hydrated and manageable. Sure, I still have to deal with the split ends (thanks to having wavy hair, so it's naturally a bit dry) but overall argan oil makes it a little bit easier. This is why of the vast collection that Organix has, I opted for the Moroccan Argan Oil.

For the shampoo, it is a weird texture and consistency. Seriously it comes out in weird blobs but it has a nice fragrance and more importantly, it's strange appearance does not effect how it works. There's a great lather and overall my scalp is happy with this shampoo. 

For the conditioner, the texture is just fine, but the consistency is a bit watery so it's harder to get it onto my ends in time. Even when I'm putting it into my hair, I have a slight problem making sure it doesn't fall through my hands or just slip off of my hair. It's not the most moisturizing conditioner I have encountered but it doesn't build up either so in the months that I've been using it, my hair has been happy. The waves of my locks have been bouncy and shiny -- a bit more split ends but overall good.

So I know if you've read through this, you might be a little bit concerned, after all it seems to warrant a "meh" experience. But it's all a matter of what you're looking for. See, I can trim the ends to get rid of the unsightly split ends, and I can deal with weird textures and consistencies if my hair is happy after it all. And it is. As I've mentioned, my hair has felt lighter, has more of a curl and a bounce to it. It doesn't feel weighed down so when it came time to buy a new shampoo and conditioner, I reached for these two. (Well, at least for restocking at my boyfriend's place. I'm actually using a different shampoo and conditioner at home, which I will post a review for later).



Product: Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
Price: $7.99-$9
Would Recommend? Yes
Takeaway: Weird texture and consistency but it performs its task well.

Product: Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner
Price: $7.99-$9
Would Recommend? Yes, with caution though.
Takeaway: Watery consistency which makes it a bit more difficult to pile on. Is not highly moisturizing but manages to leave a fair amount of argan oil behind which gives a nice sheen.

Takeaway for both: They work well with one another but if you're looking for a moisturizing combination, this isn't it. It is lightweight so it won't weigh down your hair, which will give it a nice curl and bounce as well as a nice shine though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...