Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Review: Crystal Essence Lavender & White Tea Roll-On

It's Winter! Which means that I can switch from an antiperspirant to a regular deodorant. Now, I know it's been Winter for a while now, but I had been putting off getting another deodorant because I know that somewhere in my moving boxes there is a Crystal Body Deodorant Stick, which I adore. Of course, I've yet to find the darn thing so it was finally time for me to throw in the towel and go get another one. (And I will probably find my original Crystal in 6 months).

Let's have a brief overview of the deodorant stick though. The rock is, well, it's a rock and it's best applied when you just finish showering and the reasoning behind this is simply that your skin is still moist. If you find that you need to reapply it throughout the day and you haven't just stepped out of the shower, then wetting the top of it works just fine. I definitely wouldn't recommend it if you were working out and you are prone to sweating (yes, I made this mistake) but for an average day, it works out just fine. I never found myself having to reapply it or having trouble with it failing except for the few times that I hit the gym while wearing it. It takes a few applications but it's not like it is completely unfeasible to work out with this deodorant.

As a replacement, I decided to try out the roll-on instead (especially because it came in one of my favourite scents, lavender). The roll-on works just as well as the rock does but now the application has become much easier!

For the roll-on it lasts all day (same as the rock) and it comes in two other scents: Pomegranate and Chamomile & Green Tea. There is also the unscented option. Obviously it has the same limitation as the rock does when it comes to strenuous activities but reapplying isn't hard. I've been using this one for about a month now and I am very happy with it.

If you have the opportunity to try them out, do it. They are is no aluminum chlorohydrate, aluminum zirconium, parabens, or phthalates in these. It may take your armpits a few days or so to adjust if you're switching from an antiperspirant but it's definitely worth trying out. Truth be told, this has been the best replacement for Lush's Aromacreme which used to be a year round staple before it was discontinued (without the burn and anyone who used Aromacreme knows what I'm talking about).



Product: Crystal Body Deodorant Stick
Price: $6.99
Would Recommend? Yes
Takeaway: A great natural deodorant that lasts long and holds up well. Just don't expect it to hold up well at the gym but if you try, be sure to bring it with you to reapply.

Product: Crystal Essence Roll-On - Lavender & White Tea
Price: $4.75
Would Recommend? Yes
Takeaway: The rock in liquid form with a nice clean scent? I'm all for it. It has the same limitations as the rock but it's easier to apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...