Friday, January 13, 2012

Review: Fresh Soy Face Cream

I've been wearing this moisturizer for just about a week and as much as I want to love it, I can't. So let's down down to the nitty gritty.

First impression is that I love the scent -- it's weird because it's soy and it's off-putting to a lot of people, but I actually like the scent. I'm weird like that though so be prepared to not enjoy the scent, especially if you're not used to it. The texture or rather, the feel of the moisturizer is that it's a bit watery, but still slightly greasy. It's not a hard texture to work with but it was interesting. Neither of these two items really count against it though if you're not a fan of the scent, you will be annoyed by the scent till it is finally absorbed by the skin.

A reminder is that I have combination skin -- very oily T-zone and very dry skin elsewhere. This moisturizer is a bit on the greasy side and my skin, neither the oily or dry parts enjoyed the moisturizer. It didn't absorb it quickly and it shone through my makeup. No matter how much powder I had on, an hour later the shine from the initial application was still there to be seen. My skin couldn't fully absorb it -- the dry parts could, but definitely not the T-zone. If you have oily skin, it's as though the natural oils just flat out refuse entry into the skin leaving it exactly where you applied it. 

For oily skin, this moisturizer could be better used as a night cream, rather than a day cream. I tried it out one night and loved how it felt. By morning there was no sheen and my skin felt good. When I attempt to wear it during the day though, I'm not as content with it's performance. I can definitely see those with dry skin being able to make use of this as well as people with combination skin that don't have extremes. 


Product: Fresh Soy Face Cream
Price: $38
Would Recommend? No, if you have oily skin. Yes, if you have dry skin.
Takeaway: If you have oily skin, skip this or use it at night. This moisturizer is greasy and the oils on your skin will probably prevent it from really being absorbed into your skin so it sits there, shining ever so brightly through your makeup. If you have dry skin, it may just love this moisturizer since your skin might absorb it quickly. The scent can be bothersome though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...