Monday, June 3, 2013

Red Lady: Nuance Salma Hayek Color Vibrance Lipstick Paprika

I remember when I first heard about the Nuance by Salma Hayek line which is a CVS exclusive, and then spent a huge portion of my time patiently awaiting for it to come into stock (my local CVS tends to not get new releases quickly, it seems). And when it was finally in stock, I couldn't narrow down what I wanted but somehow I figured that I'd take a chance on the lipstick tube of Paprika. 

And I fell in love with it immediately. 

It's likely not much of a surprise that vibrant colours (brighter colours) are something that I'm a bit unused to. Back in the day when I used to wear lipstick frequently, I often opted for gray, dark red, or black lipstick so it's a huge step out of my comfort zone. I bring this up to help readers understand the hesitation with previous tubes of red lipstick. This particular tube however, it's sort of the mid way for me when it comes to red and the dark red that I used before.

It is incredibly creamy and glides on well. It also lasts quite a bit and even though it retains moisture throughout the day, it's not messy. In some ways, I end up thinking about it as a moisturizing red tinted lip balm (please note that it is not, it really is a lipstick but the characteristics is akin). 


Day of wear with e.l.f. lip liner in Bitter (one coat).


Of the ones that I've tried so far, I basically compared them to this tube. It has long been my favourite go-to red and I never feel self-conscious about wearing it. I've always thought of it as quite flattering and it does make me a bit sad that it has once again vanished from the store shelves. For comparison sake, of the 6 others I have tried, Rimmel Kate in 01 was my other favourite and both appear below.

Nuance Paprika & Rimmel Kate in 01.

Although Nuance makeup had vanished from my local CVS, I don't think they've vanished from other CVS stores. The makeup was replaced by the nail polishes which is new for this year and the makeup can still be purchased online. Speaking on Nuance nail polishes though, here's my nifty latest purchase which is a lacquer in Midnight Blackberry.




Product: Nuance Salma Hayek Color Vibrance Lipstick Paprika
Red Lipstick Confidence Level: ★★★★★
Price: $9.99
Stars: ★★★★☆
Would Recommend? Yes!
Takeaway: This is one of my staples as I love the formula and pigmentation. I think it looks great and lasts a long time without ever trully drying out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...