Monday, July 9, 2012

Review: Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Defining Creme

When I got my hair cut, my stylist said she'd recommend a couple of items for me, especially since I told her that I will probably never blow-dry or straighten my hair (because I really want to grow it out again). As a result, she gave me a cut to accommodate for the pending curliness. Before I left though, I figured that my usual routine wouldn't cut it anymore.

Before with long hair: Shampoo scalp, condition ends, add in a nickel size worth of Argan oil to the ends, and the blow dry my bangs.
Current haircare: Scramble to adapt. Shampoo and condition everything, use the Curl Conscious creme, and hope my hair doesn't dry in some weird pattern. (It usually does.)

It's been about two weeks now that I've been using the curl creme and I have to admit, I'm very impressed with it. My hair is naturally wavy and usually at this short of a length it reverts to long wayward waves which means that I have to straighten it.

With the curl creme, my hair forms shorter waves which allows it look a bit more lively. It still dries in weird ways and can get wild, but overall I'm impressed with how well my hair likes this creme. The curls aren't too defined so I don't know how other curly-haired mavens would like it but those with wavy-haired might like it a lot.

The great thing is that even when my hair gets all greasy (I have yet to figure out that part) I can definitely crunch it up and get some shorter waves in. I've temporarily made the switch to this from Argan oil till my hair grows out.

I have noticed that my hair has been a bit more greasy as of late and I'm not sure if it's attributed to this creme (I guess that will be next week's experiment) so I will mention that you should keep that in mind, especially since I've seen reviews that explicitly mention that greasiness was attributed to this product.

I don't have any pictures of my hair just yet, but you might start seeing it in all it's ridiculous glory in some of the other makeup shots. 



Product: Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Defining Creme
Price: $28.00
Would Recommend? Yes, with caution.
Takeaway: Those endowed with wavy hair might appreciate this but there is the risk of potential greasiness.  It definitely shortened my waves creating a nice wind tossed look but I can't imagine this doing much were my hair longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...