Friday, March 23, 2012

Review: Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lip Color

On this latest lipstick kick, I've been all kinds of adventurous in the drugstore (mostly because you can't sample, so it's harder to determine what works or what doesn't -- I can go to the Lancome counter and find out what doesn't work pretty darn quickly, but that doesn't work as well with drugstore items). One of my purchases was the ColorStay Overtime and since I tend to gravitate toward darker colours, Ultimate Wine seemed like the obvious choice. 

Although I got a close look of it in the store, obviously nothing quite compares to actually trying it out. Prior to opening the package you will notice that it's double ended -- it's a two step system. Apply the colour first, then follow up with moisturizing top coat. 

I tried it out but the colour itself was very... dry. Didn't glide on as easily as one would like and the colour seemed like a very light version of what it is supposed to be. It looked only marginally darker than my own lips. Overall, I was kind of disappointed in its performance. Although the packaging says it could last up to 16 hours, I really didn't want it on for 5 more minutes. 

I think the best comparison here is to the L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Lipcolour Compact as they both seem to be quite similar in method (though the colours and overall feel was different). With the L'Oreal Compact, the colour had a liquid like consistency and was easy to apply. A lot went a long way for the compact. You had to wait for it to dry and then follow up with the balm. With the ColorStay Overtime, the colour has the consistency of typical gloss but was very drying. It became a bit harder to apply in a short amount of time given how dry it felt. I didn't even get to the moisturizing part because I wanted it off, immediately. It looked terrible and felt terrible. So if I were you (and you're anything like me), I'd likely pass.



Product: Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lip Color in Ultimate Wine
Price: $8.99 - $10.99
Would Recommend? No.
Takeaway: Very drying and the colour was off. Not flattering in the slightest bit and also a slight pain to use (because it was so drying).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...