Thursday, March 15, 2012

Review: L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Lipcolour Compact

For some reason I've been on a lipstick kick lately so I finally decided to give in during my routine trip to the drugstore and sprang for some new goodies. One of the things I couldn't resist was the  L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Lipcolour so after much deliberation, I finally chose the Garnet colour (though I was really close to getting Crimson). 

As per the instructions, I applied a thin layer and then shortly after (when I thought it was dried) I followed up with the lip balm. That's a huge mistake, it just ended up clumping up on my lips and looked terrible. Turns out you should give it a little longer to dry.

The next day I tried it again, applied a thin layer but then waited 5 minutes before following up with the lip balm. Success! It worked out. So if you have the same issue of clumps, just extend the time before you follow up with the lip balm. So anyhow, immediately after I applied the first layer I realized that this was very likely just a stain and the lip balm was the reinforced moisturizer. Mostly this realization came because it was so light. I actually wasn't expecting it to be so light probably because I didn't anticipate what type of lipcolour that it was. So that pretty much covers how it works.

  1. Apply the stain, allow to dry. 
  2. Follow up with the lip balm the provided.

You can use another moisturizing balm thereafter -- because I keep a clear lip gloss at my desk I ended up using that throughout the day instead of the balm that was provided. If you do that though, you might notice it coming off a bit so I'd recommend against doing that but truth be told, it won't totally come off.

The "stain" does last all day if applied correctly and you're most likely going to need a makeup remover to take it off. Today when I tried it out it stayed true all day (8 hours) and didn't come off till I used the remover on it. Not too shabby for this type of product. The only thing I didn't like was that it didn't seem true to colour and as a result, I didn't really like how it looked on me. The opacity is low so it's more of a lip gloss than a lipstick. My lips were a bit on the orange side as a result of the stain which had me questioning it (and wondering if it looked okay) all day. As this colour was on the darker side, I imagine that the rest of them won't really hold up as well. I am holding out my hopes that if I can find the Beyonce's Red from the Stars Collection that it will be more of a success than this one.



Product: L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Lipcolour Compact in Garnet
Price: $11.99
Would Recommend? No.
Takeaway: It works well and lasts throughout the day but finding a complementary colour proves to be difficult especially since the colour (while solid) appears more like a gloss and is not strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...