Sunday, October 12, 2014

e.l.f. & Disney Good vs. Evil Brush Collection

I've been axiously awaiting my orders from Notoriously Morbid Cosmetics and Darling Girl Cosmetics while trying to sustain my no-buy mode. The Autumn collections are usually my favourite, especially Halloween collections, so this has been trying for me.

Nonetheless, during a frozen yogurt run turned "let's get ice cream sandwiches" from a new local shop, my boyfriend and I decided to stop into Walgreens. While there, go figure that they had the brush collection in stock. E.l.f. and Disney seemed to have teamed up quite a bit this year releasing their Ariel and Snow White collections. Joining the lineup is Aurora and Maleficent in the "Good vs. Evil" collection. (Supposedly there might be a return of the villains which is in time for Halloween and purportedly Jasmine is thereafter). 

Anyhow, though I've found items here and there from each collection, this was definitely the one for me. If you're familiar with e.l.f. brushes, then you might have heard that their Studio line of brushes are highly rated. I myself have the e.l.f. Studio 11 Piece Brush Collection along with a few EcoTools and I find it hard to stray from either. When I saw these, I figured I had to give them a shot.



When I first looked at them, I did note that they were much smaller than others I had seen. Luckily, I am specifically look for medium sized brushes to fill a specific niche that is lacking in my current collection. The case itself seems somewhat flimsy but I don't care that much. It's cute enough and serves it's purpose. The brushes are all incredibly soft which makes them seem similar in nature to the regular Studio line. 



In this collection you get the following brushes: Blush, Powder, Foundation, and Eyeshadow. What I figured I do is find the corresponding brush in the Studio line for comparison purposes. The reason for this was to figure out whether this would be in addition to my current lineup of brushes or if they were a direct replacement for some brushes.

Blush Brush
Powder Brush
Foundation Brush
Eyeshadow Brush

The Blush Brush with the Studio version on the left and the Good vs. Evil version on the right. As you can see, they actually have different shapes altogether. This worked out perfectly for me because my angled Blush Brush from a different company started falling apart which only left me with my e.l.f. version which is more of a dome.

The Powder Brush with the Studio version on left and the Good vs. Evil version on the right. Totally different brushes so they can be put to completely different use.

The Foundation Brush with the Good vs. Evil version on the left and a Studio variant on the right. In the Studio version, there isn't a direct Foundation equivalent so the Studio version is labelled as "Angled" so there are obvious differences.

Finally the Eyeshadow Brush with the Studio version variant on the left and the Good vs. Evil version on the right. The Studio line brush is labelled and as a "C" brush however they are both pretty similar. This seems to be the only brushes that directly overlap and quite frankly, it's not too shabby to have a similar one in the eyeshadow category. 

This collection is available at Walgreens for $9.99 or Drugstore.com for $10. Worth it? Totally. Well, unless it's not your thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...