Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Powers of a Primer

Items used were purchased or received complimentary.

Last week when I swatched a few eyeshadows, I was amazed at how far the Dreamworld Hermetica Eye of Ra Eye Dew took the eyeshadows. Now it's not that I hadn't tried eyeshadow primers in the past -- I tried the Urban Decay Primer Potion and it didn't seem to help the eyeshadows much. Actually if memory served correct, it worked similarly to a regular facial primer so for a while I was just disappointed with eyeshadows and primers altogether because I felt as though my combination of skin tone and undertones had a way of undoing the colour. Not one to give up hope entirely, I heard that Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy and Darling Girl's Glitter Glue were the Holy Grails of glittery eyeshadow. So I sprang for Darling Girl's Glitter Glue and while preparing for it's arrival I figured I should go through my stash to sort out all my makeup. Go figure, in my stash was another primer from Dreamworld Hermetica and so I started swatching with that.

If you're wondering why I went into this elongated explanation of my discovery of how I got around to finally realizing what everyone else realized, keep in mind that there was a part of me that resigned myself to never pulling off one of those amazing smoking eye looks. 

To test the powers of a good primer I decided to reswatch my Sugarpill eyeshadows because I use them more often. 

From left to right: Stella, Love+, Tako, and
Bulletproof with no primer.

From left to right: Stella, Love+, Tako, and
Bulletproof over a regular primer.
From left to right: Bulletproof, Love+, and Tako
over the Eye of Ra Eye Dew 

I sort of mixed up the colours when I swatched them again -- I no longer have Stella because I gave that to a friend. However you can see the difference immediately. The colours pop SO MUCH and really have better coverage overall with the help of the primer. So if you're like me and have a really hard time with getting eyeshadows to show, I'd highly recommend looking into different primers specific to eyeshadows or glittery eyeshadows in particular.

I haven't gotten around to trying out Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy and Darling Girl's Glitter Glue just yet but they are on my radar. You can purchase each of these through the brand's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...