Thursday, October 16, 2014

Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna Palette

Items used were gifts or received complimentary.

My experience with Anastasia Beverly Hills prior to this palette had been somewhat limited. A few months ago I got myself the stencils which have been an amazing addition to my collection. I had no idea that the line included makeup so the first time I heard about the Tamanna and Maya Mia palettes piqued my attention. After much internal debate, I told myself that once my no-buy was over, I would probably treat myself to the Tamanna palette. Fast forward to a few weeks later and my friend Laura surprised me with a gift -- the Tamanna palette. She read the reviews and knew my struggles with eyeshadow and figured it would be a great fit for me. 




From the moment I received, I loved the packaging. Upon inspecting each shade of the eyeshadow, I figured that the problematic ones would most likely be Fresh, Gilded, and Custom but that was before I started swatching.


My initial swatches weren't great since I did them but you can easily draw some conclusions for yourself. Each of the colours directly align to how you see them in the palette. This first attempt to swatch was over CoverFX SPF 30 Protection Primer which is my standard primer. To confirm my suspicions, all the ones that I thought would be difficult on my skin held true (translation: I was right about Fresh, Gilded, and Custom not showing up well on my skin.

I wasn't quite content with how the images turned out and furthermore I figured that I should try to actually use an eyeshadow primer instead. So today I went back and tried each eyeshadow over Dreamworld Hermetica Eye of Ra Eye Dew.



Taking a look at the top row, which is Fresh, Blush, Venezia, Gilded, and Custom and you'll notice that now with an appropriate eyeshadow primer, those colours pop giving them a whole new dimension that a regular primer just can't do. 



In the second set we're seeing Sangria, Bengal, Chocolate, China Rose, and Noir. Again, another amazing performance for getting these colours to really stand out. What absolutely amazes me is Noir because that is the shade of black that I have long coveted. When Laura gifted this palette to me, she mentioned that Noir is perfect for using as an eyeliner and I can definitely see that.

I knew I wanted this palette but being able to swatch it made me love it even more. I will highly recommend that you have an eyeshadow primer to go along with this palette to get those colours to really shine.

The  Tamanna Palette is available for purchase from Ulta, Sephora, and Anastasia Beverly Hills for $29. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...