Wednesday, October 15, 2014

MAC Colour 4 Eyeshadow Quad

Items used were gifts or received complimentary.

Have I mentioned how awesome my family is? Well, if not, they are. Earlier this year on a trip to Florida to visit some relatives, my cousin gifted me the MAC Colour 4 Eyeshadow Quad. Now I will admit that I'm not that familiar with MAC makeup in general since I started using indie products, but I was definitely in love with the selection in this palette. Imagine my surprise when I realized that this new and never touched before quad was circa 2010 and it seems to work well with me. 




In this quad we'll be looking at Manila Paper, Flip, Aztec Brick, and Creole Beauty. I used the Dreamworld Hermetica Eye of Ra Eye Dew which is tacky and is available for purchase for $5.39. Ellie did send me this primer a while ago but due to some issues I experienced at the time, I hadn't gotten around to really putting it to use. With that being said, this is actually my first time giving this eye primer a whirl but I am pretty impressed with it. 

About the eye shadows, I did have a hard time getting the colour to pack in and I'm not sure if that's because of the primer or the eyeshadows themselves. With that being said, the colour was magnificent as you'll see below. 




I was pretty impressed with how all the colours came out. Creole Beauty was a bit too light and hard to capture on me but overall, 3 out of 4 isn't too bad. Plus I imagine that I can find other ways of really accentuating the last colour. 


The takeaway is that this is great palette overall. The problem is that yes, it was in an older run and attempts to actually find it has been slim (which I didn't realize till after I started writing this). So thank you to Alisha for providing this very awesome quad from MAC and to Ellie of Dreamworld Hermetica for the primer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...