Monday, January 14, 2013

Review: L'Oréal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stains

When I saw these on the shelves, I wasn't sure how I felt about it but I figured I'd grab two and give them a go anyway. After all the packaging themselves look nice and the thing that sold me was that it was a stain. My boyfriend has shown a dislike for lipsticks (or tinted moisturizers) so I've been trying to find better alternatives. Stains has quickly shot up the list as an important item in my makeup bag.

I grabbed Endless Red (on the right) and Infinite Fuchsia (on the left). The first one I tried was Endless Red and at first, I didn't quite like it. It came off a bit splotchy and I couldn't get an even application. It kind of bunched in the center making my lower lip super red and the rest just barely okay.

I assumed that maybe it was because of the applicator itself which was unique in it's flower petal shape (click here for an image).

A few days after the initial application, I was planning out what to wear for a friend's wedding and found out that their colours were black, red, and white. So, I decided to give the Endless Red another try. I wish I had photos of it but we were in a bit of a rush to leave and I forgot my camera.

The second go though was magnificent. I did have to reapply 2-3 times throughout the night but overall it had a great sheen, good colour, and great on moisture. I will say that with the stains in general, if you didn't get a nice even application for the first go, try again later.  

The Infinite Fuchsia seems a bit darker in the photos but it's a bit pinker and a slight bit lighter. They are quite comparable in colour with just a slight variation. I do like that they are both buildable though so the Endless Red gets redder with each application (please remember that they are stains, so each new coat after one dries adds on a bit more colour). I haven't tried building upon the Fuchsia just yet, but I assume it will work out the same as the red.

I really like these -- I'm having a bit of a hard time convincing my boyfriend that it won't rub off on him but it's true. Sure if the coats are still wet then they'll rub off but over time with the application of each new coat, the red will remain and then you can switch over to just coating with lip balm.



Product: L'Oréal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stains in Endless Red and Infinite Fuchsia
Price: ~$10
Would Recommend? Yes, if you like stains.
Takeaway: Stains take a bit of patience so if you want the perfect application in one shot without much touch up then this might not be for you. They do have longevity with colour, but it might take a few applications and once it's all set then you're good to go. At first I was kind of expecting to be disappointed but I was quite happy with their performance, colour, and moisturizing aspects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...