Monday, April 9, 2012

Review: Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Trio

I trully am a sucker for kajal which means that this latest spike in making kajal eyeliners accessible has me all the more intrigued. Of course, the Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Trio (for brown eyes) flew off the helves at my local store and I had to wait the longest for it to be back in stock.

But let's get one thing out of the way right now. They are incredibly soft and creamy which sounds great but you need to be very careful with them. I noticed that an awful lot of them were already broken in the store, so just be aware of how easily they can break if you end up purchasing them.

Given my brown eyes, of course I opted for the appropriate pack. I already knew that the brown would be useless so I figured that out of this trio at least two might work for me. the other two colours are plum and black.

I adore the packaging though I can see how the cover might nick the top of the kajal stick. Luckily if you know how to use them (remember that you apply them by holding them horizontally and swipe across your eyelid rather than holding them vertically) you should be fine, even if you take a little bit off the top. Creamy consistency and easy to apply. The only thing I was disappointed by a few things.

On the left is the plum eyeliner. Application was easy though a bit messy as you will notice that the scalene triangle at the edge of my eye was a bit off -- and ran a bit. Creaminess is great, but not so good when you're looking for precision. The liner also ran on my bottom eyelid. Additionally it looks as though it was an uneven application -- except that it wasn't. If you go with this eyeliner I would highly recommend that you pat some powder on it. It came off quite shiny so many of the pictures I took just looked messy or uneven. The eyeliner runs and that isn't a perk.

As for the black, I apologize since I know the application was uneven. Unfortunately I ran into the same exact problems as I did with the plum and by that point I wasn't amused. The pigmentation of the black is great and as you can see, it seemed to hold up well in photographs -- additionally it was easy to apply with that creamy texture but it ran.



Product: Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Trio
Price: $9 - $10
Would Recommend? No.
Takeaway: While this product seems like it would be great for smudging, it's pretty bad in terms of precision. The product runs (more so than your standard liner) and ends up being a bit messy -- not to mention is liable to break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...