Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Little Bit of L'Occitane

L'Occitane is like my personal black hole of abyss nowadays. Well, for my wallet. I go in there and it's the weird sensation of wanting everything. Of course, I can't really give into every single one of my desires in that store, but I can name them all. Today was a bit of a L'Occitane kind of day for me.

As I was getting ready, I treated myself to the very lavish Almond Milk Concentrate which I adore. The scent is amazing as it is light and refreshing but it is also so incredibly moisturizing. I have very dry skin and this was just superb as it moisturizes and keeps that up all day. Supposedly it helps to tone and firm, but I use this so sparingly that I can't really attest to that. I can say that if you have dry skin, it would be very good (though the price in another thing). The texture is a bit silky though not too watery -- it is definitely not the same as some of the other lotions that I've seen.

After putting on the lotion and fixing my makeup, I decided to put on perfume and sticking with the L'Occitane mood, I opted for the Plum Blossom. Now I know it's not fair to mention it as since it was a limited edition last year and while there is the Plum Blossom Intense Eau de Toilette Roll-on, it is only available in the UK, I had to mention it. The scent is just right up my alley with it's floral notes and that hint of plum sweetness. Which is actually kind of interesting considering that this type of scent isn't what I usually go for but I think that given it was light and simple, I actually ended up liking it. As a result, I'm kind of interested in this year's floral limited edition which is peony.



Price: $44
Would Recommend? Yes.
Takeaway: Great for dry skin and it is very moisturizing and is absorbed quickly. Feels great but the downfall is probably attributed to the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...