Monday, April 2, 2012

Review: CoverGirl Blast Flipstick Lipcolor

I picked up 815 Flashy of the line (or at least, that's what I think it was). The Flipsticks seem to be quite popular at my local store so the selection was reduced.

When I first tried the darker colour, I was amazed. I loved how it looked as it was amazing. I didn't even really see how the second colour looked but I was in awe of just how pretty it looked. The picture to the left shows the initial application -- heavy on the darker colour with just a bit of the lighter colour to accentuate it. The lip color was creamy and had a sheen to it, which I adored. 

But obviously, there was a drawback. After I took it off for the night, I noticed a slight residue but didn't pay too much attention to it. The next day though, that residue became all too... annoying. Yeah, there, I said it. The residue was ever present and came off on everything. Morning coffee to afternoon coffee, when the talk about this thing lasting it does -- much much to my own chagrin.

Okay, that was a little bit annoying so I decided to try again, but instead of direct application I decided to try a lip brush. The third picture on the left is what it looked like applied with a lip brush and note how soft the colours come off. Not as strong, definitely do not pop so I'd recommend not applying with a lip brush. 

After the second application, I decided to use a makeup remover in order to get rid of any residue from the lip color. Much better during the second try but I admit, I was already kind of annoyed that I had to use it in the first place. The colour is long lasting, which is a plus, but the downside is that it takes a while to go away which is just downright frustrating. 

Last critique before the wrap-up is the container itself. On the right is a picture of what happened right after I opened the container. The lip color doesn't fully retract into the tube and given it's angle, it will easily get nicked. I haven't even been paying attention (which is probably why this happened in the first place) when I realized the lid had already been attacked.

Obviously at this point I am not a fan when any brand packages lipstick like this.



Product: CoverGirl Blast Flipstick Lipcolor
Price: $6
Would Recommend? No.
Takeaway: While the colour is vibrant and the texture is creamy, the colour lasts and it took me two days to finally be rid of the colour in it's entirety. Not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...