Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Review: CoverGirl NatureLuxe Gloss Balm

Forgive the sloppy nature with which I applied the NatureLuxe Gloss Balm but I was really excited (translation: I had a headache). 

I was really a bit excited about this one because I'm a sucker for lip balms (and lip gloss). I was hoping to get a bit of colour out of it but also afraid to go too sheer so I opted for 210 Tulip which looked like a bright pink. Knowing my skin tone, I knew that it probably wouldn't be that distinguished (meaning that it probably wouldn't really show) but I was hoping that a bit of colour would pop given the pink colour.

Mango and shea butter? Yes! I love the creamy feel of the lip balm but the thing about it was that the colour didn't show. The picture on the left shows the lip balm, which isn't really showing up at all -- you can tell my lips are moisturized but what really sets this one apart from a normal lip balm?

Nothing. 

For $6 (which is what it costs), I could spring for a tin of Rose Salve and I'd be all the more happier knowing that the salve has multiple uses. While I love the idea behind the gloss, I couldn't rationalize getting it when there were better lip balms out there. I think that if you can find a complementary colour, it would be worth it but otherwise, you might want to pass.



Product: CoverGirl NatureLuxe Gloss Balm in Tulip
Price: $6
Would Recommend? Perhaps.
Takeaway: While it feels good and has a good pitch, you have to find the right colour otherwise it's useless. The colour just disappeared on me which left me wanting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...