Monday, November 28, 2011

Review: Nutra Nail Gel Perfect

Sorry, I have no picture available for the actual manicure as I did my nails two days ago and I was in a rush to get it off today. That might be telling though about how I feel about this gel colour.

I had seen packages of Nutra Nail Gel Perfect at my local CVS and while it always intrigued me, there was only Moonstone (light blue) and Lily Pink (light pink) available. Neither of which I was particularly interested. So when I found the colour Dahlia (pictured) while in NYC at Duane Reade, I just had to try it. The first impression of the gel colour was amazing. You do need to read up beforehand to get accustom to how to alternate between the Activator and Gel Colour, all while swapping brushes -- yes, it's a bit more work than one is used to. However I got the swing of it quickly and managed to get nice coverage. It set within 5 minutes (as advertised) so I was all ready to go for a party on Saturday night.

Except that before the night was over there were chips at the edge. Mind you, I was at a party so I really didn't do anything that could have caused this. Come Monday and there's a lot more chipping to the point where I just had to get it off my nails. But that's the other important thing here is that the activator is most likely a nail glue which when it mixed with the gel colour is supposed to create that hard "rock like shield." Okay, that's a strong claim because it chips very easily but the rest of it won't come off with such ease. Acetone (100%) is needed so if you may want to spring for their No-Mess Express Remover. Sure, it is advertised that you can do it yourself, but that doesn't mean you should go to town on your nails with acetone.

Just be sure to follow up with some lotion immediately.

There's still a bit of residue on my nails from the activator. The gel colour is completely gone but I can see the shininess of the glue/activator which means that I'll be treating my nails very nice the next few days and I'll be sure to take my Biotin vitamins.



Product(s): Nutra Nail Gel Perfect ($11.99) & No-Mess Express ($4.99)
Would Recommend? No.
Takeaway: Great if you're in a rush but for the long-term (as in 1-2 days) probably not worth the trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...