Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pawalla July 2013 Box

It's been a while since I've gotten a Pawalla box so when they contacted me regarding a slight glitch, I was more than happy to accept the box rather than a refund. Now I will completely admit that upon opening the box, I wasn't all that thrilled about the contents. I'll explain as I go through the listings of the box and my first impressions but I'll also remark now that the box was well received by the kittens so take what I say in my initial observations with a grain of salt.

The contents of the box included the following:
  • 2 Cans of Against the Grain - Big Kahuna with Crab & Tilapia
  • 2 Cans of Against the Grain - Shrimp Daddy with Tuna & Salmon
  • Greenies
  • Whole Life - Tail Mix Cat Treats
  • Petchup - Catchup
  • PushClean - Pet Towelettes
  • I Love Catz - Sisal Rattle Football Cat Toy
  • Doggles - Sushi Catnip Crab

So the reason why I was slightly disappointed (which had nothing to do with the box) was the cat food selected was something that the kittens have rejected before which was a bit of a bummer. I thought they'd love it but they seemed to have hate it. That was a few months ago and I'll likely try it again with them. The toys I figured that there was no way that they'd play with them because they've been all about their collection of mylar balls. The treats... well, I kind of wish they wouldn't send so many treats because we have a surplus of them so I could do without 2 more bags. Then there was the towelettes which just seemed odd. I was really unsure of the Petchup because we actually still have the Meowstard from January and none of the cats seem to like it anymore. 

I was glad that I was so wrong because an hour or so after opening the box and mulling over what to do with everything, I found a small lump on Hiro. Rather than grab the usual baby wipes (we use Huggies Natural Baby Wipes), I figured I'd give the new PushClean bamboo towelettes a shot. They worked great with the small clump of hair and blood and we were able to see what was happening without hurting him. Shortly after that, I come in to check on Shiva who is happily playing with both new toys.




I'm still on the fence about the food, treats, and additional supplement but we know a lot of cat owners out there who will happily take it off our hands. If not, then there's always the chance to donate them to the shelter that we adopted our kittens from.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...