Thursday, November 1, 2012

Review: Honeybee Gardens Eye Liner in Blue Jeans

I love getting different eyeliners because nothing more appeases me then trying out new looks. Nothing irks me more then having to go through the trial period though to figure out whether or not it's a worthy contender of becoming an HG or s staple. 


My familiarity of this brand, Honeybee Gardens, is a bit low. They did have their full sized nail polish featured in the inaugural box of Kara's Way so I knew of them -- I just didn't know what else they offered. Maria (of Kara's Way fame) is well aware of my addiction to makeup, so she handed me one of the Honeybee Gardens eyeliners.

Specially the jojoba based eyeliner called "Blue Jeans." Blue Jeans (sorry for the darker picture but it was very early early in the morning) is a navy blue. It's a nice shade of blue, one that I could see myself using often because I could pass it off for a black. I also imagine that it would pair nicely with some blue eyeshadows. 


Ingredients: Castor seed oil, Ozokerite wax, Ethylhexyl palmitate, Jojoba seed oil, Lanolin oil, Beeswax, Cocoa seed butter, Cetearyl alcohol, Carnauba wax. May Contain: black iron oxide, brown iron oxide, mica.

(Can you tell that's it is super early in the morning? If you can't, I'm telling you now, I am terrible at makeup when all I want to do is crawl back into bed and sleep).

The eyeliner itself glides on well. I have to admit, that I was a bit surprised at that. I ended up applying to it similar to that of kohl but I really didn't need to. Easy application, looks decent (even if I'm a sleeping zombie in the morning). Overall, I have no complaints about it going on in the morning. What about the 8 hour day though? Well, it turned out that I had to go to an impromptu dinner meeting so I had to wait a little bit longer to see how the makeup held up.

But I will note that throughout the day I noticed it running a tiny bit. It was nothing that a quick dab here or there couldn't fix though. I chalked it up to being that my skin was running a bit oilier than usual so those of you that have that issue might want to consider that.

So here's the snapshot of the eyeliner almost 15 hours after the initial application. (Keep in mind that while I cleaned up the places where it ran a bit, I did not touch it up [reapply the eyeliner, to be specific] at all throughout the day.

While it appears a bit faded, for the most part it held up well. I almost wish I had paired it with more eyeshadows to see how it would have fared but it's good to note how products work alone before seeing how they work teamed up (specifically, Concrete Minerals eyeshadow in Wicked would look amazing with this one).

The long of the short is that it does apply well and even. It does last long and even though you might look at the left side of my eye and wonder why half of it is gone -- it was almost 15 hours later. I can assure you that my makeup was intact prior to the dinner. The best part was that the removal wasn't harsh on my eyes either. I really like this eyeliner and it's definitely a huge contender for the future but I do need to try it in black.



This product is slated to be featured in an upcoming Kara's Way box and was given to me complimentary for my evaluation.

Product: Honeybee Gardens Eye Liner in Blue Jeans
Price: $7.99
Would Recommend? Yes.
Takeaway: Applies well and evenly without much tugging. Definitely lasts up to 8 hours -- even pushed through to almost 15 hours but may require a bit of cleaning if you have oily skin (bleeds a bit, but not too much). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...