Thursday, June 14, 2012

Review: Natural Repair Conditions Extreme

One of my friend (who is ridiculously awesome and has been giving me random cosmetics for no reason), handed me Natural Repair Conditions Extreme since I have very dry skin. My hands in particular get dried out very quickly so I find myself having to reapply hand lotion several times throughout the day. I used to have a tube of Sabon's Patchouli Lavender Vanilla at my desk at work and that took about a month to finish. Basically, I use a lot of hand cream and I go through it quickly.

I've been using straight shea butter when I'm over at my boyfriend's place to help my hands heal but I figured I'd put that away and start using this. Let's get some basics out of the way though.

This is an eco-friendly product that utilizes organic farming and keeps long-term sustainability in mind. It has been approved by Ecocert which was created in France. As per the website the product is:

95.7% of plant ingredients are from organic farming.
99.28% of the total ingredients are of natural origin.
15.5% of total ingredients are from organic farming.

I only posted the details of it because those of you interested in the Kara's Way box should have seen this label before on the bottle of Argan oil. I was interested in their certification so I figured I'd look it up. Moving on now...

I'm a thick salve kind of gal. You probably figured that out once I said I used straight shea butter on my hands. Making the switch wasn't hard because as anyone knows, shea butter is greasy and isn't conducive when you're trying to type or use a Kindle.

The product mentions that is for "extreme moisturizing repair" and has a non-greasy texture and doesn't stick. I will happily admit that it isn't greasy and doesn't stick; the skin absorbs it quickly. In terms of moisturizing though... it does a decent job but I do find myself reapplying it often because it doesn't seem to really stay on. It's kind of hard to explain but I have the kind of skin that is so dry that you can see the ashiness even if I'm wearing lotion -- it needs to be thick and protective. While the lotion does have some moisturizing properties, it takes a few coats before the ashiness disappears. It's probably because the first ingredient is water (fun fact: companies list the ingredients by quantity, so if the first ingredient is water then the base of the lotion is water).

Overall, I think it's a good lotion for me to keep at my desk -- I still do keep it at my desk in fact. But at night, I still reach for the shea butter (or the mixed lotion that I created). I'd definitely recommend this as a "day hand lotion" as it feels good, absorbs quickly, and is great if you have to do a lot of typing... or gaming. If you're looking for a thicker lotion though, this probably won't work out as well.

This product hasn't hit the U.S. just yet, however you can find it online from Aromathologie for approximately $8.69 (or € 6.95).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...