Monday, June 25, 2012

Feeling a bit Rosy

Physicians Formula is a huge weak spot for me but as you may have noticed, I don't have much luck with their items. That doesn't stop me though (as you might have noticed) so this time, I decided that I was going to try something different. I was going to try the blush. Now I've been doing a Project 10 Pan, but I figured... why not? I finally did hit pan on my current blush and I really, really wanted to try a new blush. So I sprang for the pH Matchmaker because the concept intrigues me and I got the bonus pack so I got a small lip gloss as well. 



With the pH Matchmaker line, the whole idea is that they have a Fluorescein based dye that "senses the pH level of your skin & adjusts within 60 seconds" along with Photochronic Powders which are "light adjusting pigments adapt to your environment so color looks the same indoors & outside." (All quotes are directly from the PF website.) This is why the idea intrigues me; something that changes and can match me? Wonderful concept, but I wondered about the execution.

The pH Matchmaker blush I got was in the colour Rose and the lip gloss (you can see a close up of some of the labels here) and the first impressions of the packaging was that is was ridiculously cute and convenient. It is a bit flimsy as the base with the blush lifts up and has a small storage for the brush underneath the pan, but overall good package. I do wonder about the longevity of the lights that are by the mirror so I am a bit paranoid about accidentally leaving it on.

The lip gloss is also incredibly cute with a small mirror along the side. The top has a button that activates the light as well. Same fears about the battery life apply here as well. What you're also seeing in that picture is a natural mascara from Sante, but let's take one product at a time.

The Blush: I was really excited to try it but given my failure with previous PF products in the past, I was also very hesitant. I was ridiculously excited though to see how the colour changed. Well, as I applied it, I wasn't sure if I was just building up the colour or if it really was changing to match me. Either way I got this beautiful rosy colour that just looked amazing. I wasn't a fan of the shimmer but overall it looked gorgeous and I fell in love with it.

I took several photos but I was unable to get a good shot of the blush. It blends in very well with my skin tone though!

The Lip Gloss: Sure, it looks pink inside the tube and it looks pink on the applicator, but as I was putting it on, it just looked clear (which I expect). What I did not expect was that rosy change into a beautiful deep pink. Heck, I don't even like pink all that much but I loved this rosy look I was getting out of the two products.


The Mascara: I haven't really said much about this mascara. I've had it around for a while but never got around to using it. This mascara hails from Germany and is a certified natural cosmetic. The picture to the left is a shot of the mascara comb (sorry, I know it's blurry) and it's in black. For reference this is the Mascara Endless Lashes № 03 by Sante Naturkosmetik.

Out of the tube, I loved the shape of this brush and I will admit that at first, I wasn't that thrilled with the initial swipe. It didn't really stand out however, on second swipe, I realized that this mascara was completely buildable. By 3-4 passes, I got these beautiful lashes, comparable to how my tarte mascara works. I was pretty pleased with it -- I haven't seen how well it holds up for 8 hours but at the 4 hour mark, it was still holding up incredibly well.



Product: Physicians Formula pH Powered Blush in Rose
Price: $12.95
Would Recommend? Yes!
Takeaway: Gives a lovely glow. I'm not sure how well it works in terms of matching my pH but it gives an immediate glow and is a fantastic shade of pink.

Product: Physicians Formula pH Powered Lip Gloss in Pink
Price: $9.95
Would Recommend? Yes!
Takeaway: I was hesitant at first but it changes into a deep pink which is just wonderful, especially when paired with the blush.

Product: Sante Naturkosmetik Mascara Endless Lashes № 03 
Price: $25.99
Would Recommend? Yes! Especially if you're looking for a natural mascara.
Takeaway: Love how well this works -- it's on par with a lot of my mascaras that I swear by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...