Sunday, February 12, 2012

Review: stila cosmetics one step primecolor

Just so that we can get any confusion out of the way, I did shorten the title but this is not the one step makeup by stila. Instead this is the "one step makeup primecolor bronze babe" but since it made a lengthy title, I decided to shorten it. This is also a bit hard to find through the website which may add to the confusion. The "bronze babe" means that it was a whole other product. But hey, I got to hand it to beauty.com for introducing this to me. Now upon seeing this, I was skeptical, after all, I'm brown and that means that anything with "bronze" or "tinted" in the title means that it probably isn't going to work out for me. But, I was pleasantly surprised.

Turns out, this is actually quite useful. For starters, this product gets great reviews because it really does seem like an all-in-one kind of thing.

"This revolutionary new formula combines primer, eye shadow, highlighter, lip color, cheek color, bronzer with mineral pigments to deliver an innovative, high performance, high definition, long wearing, all over color." (from Stila Cosmetics)

And despite my skepticism and brown-ness, it delivers. It blended very well with my skin offering just the right amount of colour without dominating. It seems to offer medium coverage which means that it blends well with your skin tone, effectively reflecting a good colour. I found that I actually didn't need a primer, moisturizer, or my foundation powder. All I needed after using this was a bit of blush.

The other amazing thing about this is that it controlled the oils very well. At the end of the day, it was still there and still holding up -- which means that it is long lasting. This product strikes me as amazing and to be honest had I not just sprung for my CoverFX foundation, this would be a strong contender as the next thing I bring into my standard routine.



Product: stila one step makeup primecolor bronze babe
Price: $22
Would Recommend? Yes
Takeaway: A great all-in-one product that works with your skin tone. Long lasting and effective, this is definitely worth trying out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...