Monday, February 13, 2012

Review: Bobbi Brown SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free

I almost hesitate to dedicate a full post for this moisturizer but I might as well. It's not really necessary but here it goes. I wasn't really on the hunt for a foundation since I'm content with the CoverFX however through a makeup exchange I ended up getting a sample. At first I was a little bit off put because given the colour schematic I realized that it wasn't one that could stand up to the spectrum.

What does that mean? It means that the sample I was given was a generic "This is good for Medium tone skin" and upon looking at the website my assumption would be that the Deep or Dark Tint would be a better match. Anyhow, working with what I got, the first thing was that the scent was repugnant. I figured that I should try it on anyway, but there was just so much that felt so wrong.

The consistency of the liquid foundation was fine so nothing struck me as odd. But then I tried to apply it to my face and it felt so chalky. Although it came out like a liquid, the application felt like I was putting on paste. I still continued on since it looked like it was matching my overall facial skin tone but it felt terrible. By the time I was done I was so done with the scent and application. Of course, then taking a step back and looking at my face, it was kind of ghastly. The best way to describe it was that while it covered imperfections, it was not able to match my skin in its entirety so it felt (and looked) like a mask.

I ended up washing it off immediately and tossing the rest in the trash. If I were impressed with its overall performance I would be more inclined to seek the correct colour (whatever that might be) but given the scent, feel, and application, there is no justifying the pursuit of this product.



Product: Bobbi Brown SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free
Price: $40
Would Recommend? No
Takeaway: Aside from the colour being off, the scent was terrible, the application was terrible (it felt like a paste), and it just looked and felt like a mask. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...