Thursday, October 25, 2012

Halloween Lip Glosses

As you may have gathered, Halloween is my favourite time of year. I'm a huge history nerd and one thing I love about this time of year is what it represents throughout history. So even though I don't break out all the bells and whistles, I do observe it happily from a distance.

Part of this celebration includes a bit of indulgence, like a bar of Pumpkin Sugar Scrub Soap from BubblesUpByBethie and... well, that's kind of been it. There's been a disturbing lack of awesome makeup things at major retailers. Sure, there has been an amazing amount of Halloween items coming out from indie makeup brands (and I'll list some of them out soon) but stores have been lacking. My local stores haven't had the Softlips Marshmallow Ghost & Vanilla in stock, nor the China Glaze Ghoulish Glow, the infamous Wet n' Wild tombstone nail polishes, and the list goes on. That's partially why I've been focusing a bit more on nail polish since that's my one true Halloween source for right now.

I do have an order from Shiro Cosmetics on the way, so I can't wait to post about that soon. So don't fret, once this month is over, I'll be returning to my normal types of posts. I did find one Halloween related item in Sephora though and it made me incredibly happy.

Underneath all of those samples is the philosophy Trick or Treat Duo Shine which has the Crispy Marshmallow Bars Lip Shine (a champagne shimmer) and Caramel Apple Lip Shine (a sheer dark cherry). I am extremely excited to get it (simple as it may be) but I wish retailers would stop forgetting about that Harvest Festival celebration with which we get to go wild with makeup. A palette with black, oranges, reds, purples, golds, and greens would be fantastic.



In case you were wondering though, these are the retailers that do have Limited Edition Halloween colours. I haven't tried them so I can't attest to their staying power but if you're a Halloweenie, then this might be useful to look into.
While these companies below don't have specific Halloween collections, they have items that would be of interest:
  • MyBeautyAddiction: Highly pigmented lipsticks and eyeshadows.
  • Sobe Botanicals: Highly pigmented lipsticks, eyeshadows, and not to mention, Halloween costume sets.
  • Sugarpill: Gorgeous eyelashes and highly pigmented eyeshadows. I love this brand quite a bit and I use it for all of Halloween makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...