Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Review: Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter

It took a few visits to different stores before I could find the whole Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter lineup. These lip butters seem to have flown off the shelves at the drugstores near me so while I loved the marketing on them, I never really did see the full lineup of colours. Obviously I found them so what about the marketing got to me? Well, I'm a sucker for lip balm and lip glosses (as evidenced by the Lancome Juicy Tube, Revlon Prismagics, Blistex Lip Infusion, and Burt's Bee Lip Balm that are within a foot of me) so that was a pretty easy sell. What lured me to it was the fact that it was a bit of a light colour which means that I could get tint with hydrating goodness, which is useful for someone like me that always remembers to put on lip balm but never remember to put on lipstick. Seems like a natural step.

Anyhow, after much deliberation and wondering what kind of genius names these things after desserts (no sarcasm intended there, I found myself seriously wanting to buy myself cake afterward), I settled on Cherry Tart and Red Velvet. I knew that there might be a huge hit or miss here, especially since the colours don't really look like the ones on the website and they, of course, will look different on my skin so I was sticking to two.

I couldn't wait to try these on but first I had to do a swatch, just to prepare myself (and you, dear reader). Naturally my camera didn't take a good job with the photo of the swatch, so if you want to see it, you can check it out by clicking here (the top is Red Velvet and the bottom is Cherry Tart).

Cherry Tart
Here is Cherry Tart on me and at first, I really took to the colour. It added just the right amount of colour but wasn't too obvious. I tried wearing it for a week though but found myself disliking it more and more. Although it was light, it just didn't seem to fit my skin tone right. It did feel great though and left my lips moisturized, but I just couldn't get over the colour.

Red Velvet
Up next was Red Velvet and I'll reveal the truth: I didn't pick it based on it's colour, I picked it because of it's name. My favourite dessert is red velvet with that delicious cream cheese frosting. So I was really surprised at how much I loved this colour. If you look at the colour it is advertised as, it looks really dark, but it comes out a bit light.

When I was taking pictures the thing I noticed was how red the Red Velvet was which was just surprising since it didn't look like that in the mirror. It was a happy surprise as to just how much I like this colour.

After a week of use, I can happily say that Red Velvet is now a permanent part of my collection. I'm happy with it's overall performance, staying power, and the pigmentation.



Product: Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter
Price: $6 - $9
Would Recommend? Yes!
Takeaway: While I wasn't sold on the first one I tried because of the colour, the second one delivered in colour. Very moisturizing and lasts long, and overall a great buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...